January 5, 2011

remake FAIL: 'brokenhearted'- sammie & karina



before i get started, let me just say that both of the kids can sing in their own special way. but this duet is a CLASSIC and has definitely healed my heart one or two times over in the past. it is not one you just decide to get up and record for sh*ts and giggles without being certain you can pull it off.

whew, alright. for those of you who are familiar with the original 'brokenhearted' by brandy and wayna (which can be listened to here) please say that you agree with me when I say I want to run up on sammie and this child karina and chop & muff them for messing up such an awesome song. 

i'm a 90s kid to the heart. i grew up to the classic tunes of brandy, boyz II men, monica, blackstreet, envogue, ect. i can't stand when my favorite jams are tampered with. 

you listen and be the judge. hmph. 



No comments:

Post a Comment