June 26, 2009

"Gone Too Soon"





As I sit here watching the "Say Say Say" video on VH1 featuring Paul McCartney and the one and only King of Pop, I still can't grasp and wrap my mind around the fact that Michael Jackson is really gone. The Entertainer of our lifetime, a man of genius and innovation - Michael broke music, race, and many other barriers. And although I only caught the last twenty years of his life, I swear - I feel like I've been following since he started singing with his brothers at the age of five. Michael's legacy will forever be alive in the hearts of millions across the globe. My heart is still very heavy - as a dancer, choreographer and music lover, I have never, ever been affected by an artist's passing in this way. His smile, quiet nature and bad ass dance moves will always live in my heart and TRUST and believe that my kids and my grandkids will know who MJ was and the REALNESS of his music.



I remember watching his performance of "Heal the World" at the Super Bowl and imagining that I was one of the many children standing up on stage with their arms swaying from side to side. Running home from the park to watch the world premier of "remember the time" and INSTANTLY immulating the king-tut dance moves...watching countless marathons on VH1, MTV, & BET and being captivated by the magic that he produced on stage.


Not only was he an amazing performer, but the actions he did as a philanthropist are just infathomable. "Man in the Mirror" is a classic example of the change that Jackson initiated through his music. Just sittin here watching his videos, I can't event begin to think about the major impact his life has made on this Earth. It's unbelievable that this has happened to such an influence on the history of music as an entity.


In closing, I am praying for the Jackson family's strength during this time of grief. I pray that the media *knowing that they probably won't* but that they would have the decency to at least show this man some respect and let him rest in peace. *another part of me - another JAM!* I hope the tragic death of this iconic man teaches us as a human race that we've got one life to live and it's not about how long we live it, but what impact we can make on the people that we come in contact with from day to day. Life is entirely too short for us to stay angry or hold grudges. And as this is may be said everyday, it really does hold true. I'm taking a personal vow to change the way I react to certain situations. The lessons that Michael taught the world through his music are truly remarkable, and I hope that we can all continue to learn from them as time goes on. May God bless your soul Michael Jackson. You have physically left this Earth but your spirit will forever live the hearts of us all.

Rest In Peace <3

No comments:

Post a Comment