June 29, 2009

BET Awards 2oo9 - Epic Fail, but with some good parts

So listen, I'm not gonna go into too much detail becase i'm sure that everyone saw the awards show last nite, but I will say this :: the WISEST decision that Debra Lee could have made would have been to keep the show as planned for the last few weeks and have a big dedication as the finale. All that other stuff (Ciara -she could've been omitted from the show, the camera work at the bottom of the stage with artists fave MJ moments and whatever else) could have stayed OUT of the show. I know everyone is still shocked and saddened my MJ's death, but BET needs to really get it together. MTV is about to SHUT BET DOWN in September with their MJ tribute and I know everyone knows that.








If there were one person that did their thing last nite, I would have to say it were my dude Ne-Yo :: he sang his face on "Lady in My Life" and "I'll be There". He also did his thing with bringing out the old school artists. The Hero of the Awards hands down definitely Mr. "Miss Independent" himself. Jamie Foxx did his thing too as a host. Although at some points he looked a little dazed and was unaware of what was going, I think he really just rolled with everything that was happening. (BTW :: the Shenehneh/Wanda bit was funny as hell tho -LOL) Jay-Z did his thing, Maxwell sang that "pretty wings" joint, and Trey Songz, Jonny Gill and Tyrese did well on the O'Jays tribute. I was a wee bit confused on Keri Hilson attire for her performance, but I totally understood the end of her performance when she did the call & response with her dancers :-)





And finally, the most touching moment of the night was definitely when Janet Jackson came out and spoke on behalf of the Jackson famliy. Obviously still heavily affected, she was strong and stood her ground and gave a beautiful thank you to everyone. Over all, I think when I take over BET in the next 10 years *you speak things into existence, they shall come to pass* I will be sure to do a better job in a situation like this and work on better programming. I will say this though, I do commend Debra Lee and the entire BET staff for trying their best to put together a tribute to Michael Jackson in such short notice. Let's just hope for future references, BET will look at this train wreck of a show and try to work better.








No comments:

Post a Comment