July 16, 2009

Music for Love

So as I was studying for my economics exam last night, I decided to steer away from the norm of listening to Trey Songz & J. Holiday and listen to some classic jams by Stevie Wonder. Spanning though his albums on imeem brought me to one of my fave albums by him that i listened to constantly growing up : Songs in the Key of Life *I can press play on that album and let it rock, all 21 tracks* That then brought me to the thought : what are some of the albums that have shaped my music taste thus far? In my twenty years of being on Earth, I have heard hundreds and thousands of songs that I have loved, liked & just down right despised. But I've noticed that as I get older, I have a fonder appreciation for GOOD music. So out of the many albums that i've played in my day, here are my top nine that I can honestly listen to from beginning to end. The musical composition, storytelling and pure genius that comes with these masterpieces is impeccable. Granted there is a range of talent in these nine albums, but I think it describes my eclectic music flavor.




#1 - Songs in the Key of Life: Stevie Wonder

#2 - Thriller: Michael Jackson

#3 - The Diary of Alicia Keys: Alicia Keys

#4 - Confessions: Usher


#5 - Never Too Much: Luther Vandross

#6 - Graduation : Kanye West


#7 - Aaliyah: Aaliyah

#8 - The Black Album : Jay-Z

#9 - BLACKsummers'night : Maxwell

No comments:

Post a Comment