July 1, 2009

Anticipation :: Trey Songz


I'm finally listening to Trey Songz mixtape entitled "Anticipation" and I must say, that I am fairly impressed. The mixtape has 13 tracks on it, full of new songs that Trey has recorded, and I am feeling his sound and how much his voice has matured over the last few years that he has been in the game. I think that he officially earned his credibility in the R&B game by performing in the O'Jays tribute Sunday at the BET Awards *which he did a good job in also*. I hope that his August release "Ready" sounds just as good as this mixtape, because that will make or break his position in this fierce game of R&B crooners that our out right now *NeYo, Ginuwine, Pleasure P, ect* But I've been a fan of Trey for a while, but just recently, I just discovered how talented he really is by him covering songs like "Ego". "D.O.A.", and remixing Pleasure P's hit "Boyfriend #2" to "Girlfriend can come too".


Mr. Songz, whose real name is Tremaine Neverson, has been in the game since he was 17, but burst onto the R&B scene in 2005 with his hit single "Gotta Make It" featuring Chicago rapper Twista. I can remember when my sister would do awkward dances to the song when it first hit the radio waves, but now, Trey is showing us mature side and I think that he's making his place to stay.


<3csc.

No comments:

Post a Comment